A Vizsla may be for you if...
- You want a strikingly beautiful, medium-sized, short-coated dog
- You want a loving, loyal, affectionate companion
- You want a versatile hunting companion who can both point and retrieve
- You want a breed with a clean, relatively odorless, and low-maintenance coat
A Vizsla is NOT for you if...
- You plan to keep the dog outside in a kennel where it will be isolated from the family
- You will not allow the dog in the same room as family
- You do not have time to train the dog or excercise it daily
- You plan to train the dog with negative or harsh reinforcement instead of praise and rewards
Vizslas are affectionate, outgoing, and intelligent dogs. They will make great family companions for those who plan to make them part of the family. They are natural hunters and their webbed feet make them excellent swimmers.